|Chairman of the Council of Ministers of
Bosnia and Herzegovina
31 March 2015
|Preceded by||Vjekoslav Bevanda|
|6th Prime Minister of Sarajevo Canton|
6 February 2003 – 16 November 2006
|Preceded by||Nermin Pećanac|
|Succeeded by||Samir Silajdžić|
|Born||(1964-06-09) 9 June 1964
(now Bosnia and Herzegovina)
|Political party||Party of Democratic Action|
|Alma mater||University of Sarajevo|
Denis Zvizdić is a Bosnian politician. Since 31 March 2015 he is Chairman of the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina. He is a Bosniak of the Party of Democratic Action.
Zvizdić was born in 1964 in Sarajevo. He studied at the Faculty of Architecture of the University of Sarajevo, where he earned a PhD and in 2007 became professor of Architecture.
Zvizdić had worked at the Ministry for Environment and Construction of the Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina and of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH), as well as for the Unioninvest Sarajevo Company prior to his political career. He was also Co-Director of the National Action Plan for Protection of Environment.
In 2003 Zvizdić became Premier of the Sarajevo Canton – his first major political appointment – and in 2006 speaker of the Sarajevo Cantonal Assembly. He was then a member of the parliament of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (House of Peoples in 2006-2010, House of Representatives in 2010-2014).
He has been a member of SDA since 1991 and a member of its Presidency from 2005. In 2009, he was appointed Chair of the SDA Council and joined the party’s Main Board in 2013. He was also a member of the party Cantonal Board in Sarajevo (2004-2005), and prior to that member of the Sarajevo Centre Municipal Board (2000-2003).
On 31 March 2015 in a vote in the House of Representatives of Bosnia and Herzegovina determining the new Chairman of the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina out of 42 members of the 28 voted for Zvizdić, 5 voted against and 2 abstained. Zvizdić promised to improve action on the accession of Bosnia and Herzegovina to the European Union. During his premiership the SAA agreement with the EU entered into force (15 July 2015) and on 15 February 2016 Bosnia and Herzegovina submitted its EU membership application. (Froo Wikipedia)
- 1989: Graduation from the Faculty of Architecture of the University in Sarajevo, 1989;
- 2000: M.Sc. from the Faculty of Architecture of the University in Sarajevo, obtained title of the Mater of Architectonic-Urbanistic Sciences
- 2007: Doctoral studies at the Faculty of Architecture of the University in Sarajevo, obtained title of the Doctor of Architectonic-Urbanistic Sciences
- 1989-1992: – “Unioninvest” Company in Sarajevo
- 1993-2000: Republic/Federal Ministry of Spatial Management and Environment
- 2000-2002: Director of the Directorate for National Environmental Protection Action Plan (NEAP BIH)
- 2003-2006: Prime Minister of the Sarajevo Canton
- 2006-2010: Chairman of the Sarajevo Canton Assembly and Delegate in the House of People of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 2010-2012: Chairman of the House of Representatives of the FBIH Parliament
- 2012-2014: Representative in the House of Representatives of the F BIH Parliament
- 2015: Chairman of the Council of Ministers of BIH
- 1999 – 2015: lecturer at the Faculty of Architecture of the University of Sarajevo, currently in the status of professor at the Department for Urbanism and Spatial Planning with the Faculty of Architecture of the University in Sarajevo.
Mr Denis Zvizdić is the laureate of a number of awards from the area of social engagement and expert activities (both individual and collective ones), among which the ‘Sixth of April’ Award of the City of Sarajevo (Sarajevo Canton Government) and Golden Plaque of International League of Humanists.
Member of the Party of Democratic Action, from 1991.
Married father of one.(This part of the post is Taken from abf.ba)